Sold $1,310,000 SOLD (List: 895K) - Single Family Home
7641 Terrace Drive is a spacious 4++BD/2BA 1940’s home featuring multiple decks and patios, bay and San Francisco views, two secluded flexible rear bonus rooms, and a myriad of captivating vintage design details. This lovely home, located in a warm, friendly neighborhood near the coveted Kensington Hilltop school, just minutes from I-80 and San Pablo and Solano Avenues, is sure to steal your heart.
This home’s romance and wooded charm draw you under their spell before you even enter, as you wend your way past graceful trees and plantings toward the cheerful front door. Once inside, you will find yourself in a series of well-conceived common areas. To your right, the vast living room, flooded with natural light and offering bay and San Francisco views, features several full-length windows, french doors to the L-shaped front deck, an elegant fireplace, and gorgeous random-plank vintage hardwood floors. The living room adjoins the dining area and kitchen, both of which enjoy period charm. Corner built-in china cupboards frame the dining area, while the updated kitchen’s angled windows and 1940’s flourishes imbue it with a delightfully retro flavor. Arranged in a circle, the common areas feature several gently pointed archways between them, including a smartly placed arched pass-through between the kitchen and living room. This home is perfect for entertaining.
To the left of the entry, you will discover the spacious bedroom wing. Four large bedrooms open to your left and right as you make your way toward the rear garden. The bedroom wing features two remodeled full baths, one off the hall and one in the owner’s suite, plus hardwood floors and ample natural light. At the hall’s far end, you will find two bonus bedrooms, one of which has sliding glass doors to the rear patio and the other of which features a large skylight. Tranquil and private, these rooms are ideal for a wide range of uses, including housing guests or your home office.
7641 Terrace is beautifully set back on a huge 9,750 square foot lot, with an enormous rear garden area gracefully overhung by a mature California walnut and nearby redwoods. Multiple patios provide endless opportunities for outdoor gatherings, while a deluxe Rainbow-brand playset with swings, slide, fort, and climbing wall makes the space enjoyable for all ages. The garden provides countless options for gardening or planting your own fruit trees – or even raising your own chickens.
Despite its quiet and secluded feel, this home is extremely close to several of the East Bay’s freeways and shopping corridors. Huber Park is just down the street and hosts many neighborhood gatherings, including the annual Halloween Party, complete with apple-bobbing and pumpkin-carving contest, and frequent summer barbecues. Many wonderful outdoor areas are within a 10-minute drive, including Tilden Park in Berkeley and Point Isabel Regional Shoreline, home to one of the country’s largest off-leash dog parks. Solano Avenue and North Berkeley restaurants and amenities are just minutes away, and the rest of the Bay Area lies just beyond. This wonderful home is your own private urban paradise, the ideal place from which to explore all the very best of what the Bay Area has to offer.
Home Highlights at a Glance:
• Spacious 4++BD/2BA 1940’s home with bay and San Francisco views
• 2271 square foot home on a 9,750 square foot lot
• Common areas in an open floor plan offer full-length windows, french doors to the L-shaped front deck, an elegant fireplace, vintage hardwood floors and built-in china cupboards, and gently pointed archways
• Floor plan and rear garden make this the perfect home for entertaining
• Spacious bedroom wing features four large bedrooms and two remodeled full baths, one off the hall and one in the owner’s suite, plus two flexible bonus rooms
• Two tranquil and private bonus bedrooms or offices, one of which has sliding glass doors to the rear patio and the other of which features a large skylight
• Enormous rear garden area with multiple patios and deluxe playset, perfect for gardening, fruit trees, or raising your own chickens
• Convenient laundry and pantry-storage room just off kitchen
• Updated plumbing and 200-amp wiring
• Dual-zone central heating
• Dual-pane windows and doors
• Seismically upgraded
• Ample storage throughout
• Tandem driveway and ample street parking
• Built in 1940 and added to in 1966
• Conveniently situated just minutes from I-80 and a quick hop to Berkeley/Oakland/San Francisco as well as Marin County via the Richmond/San Rafael Bridge
• Near the coveted Kensington Hilltop School
• Minutes from San Pablo and Solano shopping districts, as well as El Cerrito Plaza, Kensington Circle and Kensington shopping areas
• Extraordinarily warm, friendly neighborhood hosts events such as annual Halloween parties and regular summer barbecues at Huber Park, just half a block away
• El Cerrito Pool, Point Isabel Regional Shoreline, many neighborhood parks, and Berkeley’s Tilden Park
• Quick drive to El Cerrito Natural Grocery and its prepared food Annex
• Neighborhood café Well-Grounded Tea and Coffee Bar just down the hill
• Right up the hill from the Ohlone Greenway and a short hop to the Bay Trail – both great for biking and walking!