Sold $1,600,000 SOLD (List: 1.495M) - Single Family Home
Nestled in the Montclair hills on a lush ravine, 6198 Mazuela is a 3271 square-foot urban retreat with a zen-like ambiance, elegant open layout, multiple outdoor terraces, and luxurious owner’s suite. This ravishing home brilliantly infuses a modern aesthetic into its quiet wooded setting, creating an experience that is the quintessence of spa-like refinement.
Everywhere you go, this home lovingly returns you to nature. The dramatic high-ceilinged entryway, a spacious room unto itself, sets the stylish tone with its stunning rear wall, whose tall windows showcase the forested expanse stretching into the distance. From the vast and expertly designed living, dining, and kitchen common areas, your views continue, with graceful tall windows on three sides immersing you ever more deeply in nature. An exquisitely situated built-in window seat with skylight and a wide outdoor dining terrace accessible from both the kitchen and media room invite you to connect even more intimately with the outdoors.
This sublimely appointed home offers a luxurious lifestyle and modern delights at every turn. The beautifully designed eat-in chef’s kitchen features granite countertops, a stainless-steel dual-compartment sink, and all stainless-steel appliances, including a microwave, Bosch dishwasher, two Thermador convection ovens, and six-burner Thermador gas range with water faucet, full hood, and grill area. The breakfast nook gazes out regally on the surrounding scenery. The spacious dining, living, and media rooms flow seamlessly in an open floor plan, creating a connection to the outdoors from every angle. The owner’s bedroom suite boasts two terraces, several full-length windows, and a large jetted tub and separate glass-enclosed shower. Two other en-suite bedrooms, each with a private opening onto a shared terrace, also grace the lower level.
6198 Mazuela is just minutes from Montclair Village, Highway 13, and Redwood and Joaquin Miller Regional Parks, yet it feels utterly removed from the urban fray. This elegantly appointed and beautifully designed modern retreat, nestled into a majestic sylvan setting, offers a unique and wonderfully tranquil lifestyle, right in the heart of Oakland.
Highlights at a Glance:
• Sublime 4BD/4.5BA modern urban retreat in the Montclair hills
• 3271 square-foot home on a beautifully landscaped 9435 square-foot lot
• Nestled on the edge of a ravine, surrounded by lush greenery and gazing out over a vast forested landscape
• Five outdoor terraces, including two private terraces off the owner’s suite and a spacious dining terrace off the kitchen and media room
• Brilliant open floor plan including living, dining, and media rooms, chef’s kitchen and breakfast nook, and built-in window seat with skylight
• Eat-in chef’s kitchen featuring granite countertops, a stainless-steel dual-compartment sink, and all stainless-steel appliances, including a microwave, Bosch dishwasher, two Thermador convection ovens, and six-burner Thermador gas range with water faucet, full hood, and grill area
• Luxurious owner’s suite with two terraces, several full-length windows, and a large jetted tub and separate glass-enclosed shower
• Two additional en-suite bedrooms
• Beautiful details throughout, including solid-core extra-large doors, full-length windows, and stylish fixtures
• Large living-room gas fireplace
• Compressed hardwood floors in common areas and carpeted floors in bedrooms
• Security system and downstairs front-door intercom
• 2 attached single-car garages (one with a dry sauna) with internal access
• Additional off-street parking
• Central vacuum
• Solar power system lease (buyer assumes lease)
• Conveniently situated in the Montclair Hills near Montclair Village, Highway 13, and Redwood and Joaquin Miller Regional Parks
• Built in 2002
6198 Mazuela is a gorgeous and beautifully appointed modern retreat with stunning views and a calming connection to the outdoors. Nestled in nature yet offering easy access to Montclair Village and the greater Bay Area, this sublime property is not to be missed. We warmly invite you to come experience this extraordinary home.