Sold $1,450,000 Sold Price (List 975k) - Single Family Home
SPECTACULAR MODERN IN PRIVATE CANYON SETTING
We are proud to offer this one-of-a-kind home in Oakland’s coveted Piedmont Pines neighborhood. Dramatically situated on the edge of a lush canyon, this spectacular custom-designed home offers the seclusion and tranquility of a country retreat with convenient access to Montclair Village, Joaquin Miller Elementary School, Redwood Regional Park, and points beyond.
Built in 1962, this architecturally rich, ultra-hip home features four bedrooms (one bedroom is an optional family room), three baths and over 2300 square feet of thoughtfully designed interior space. Huge expanses of glass, balconies and decking provide wonderful access to the 6200 square foot grounds that blend into the vast natural setting, affording an exceptional indoor-outdoor experience as well as the opportunity of a hobby farm complete with chicken coop and raised vegetable beds.
This modern home is an artful blend of Zen aesthetics and contemporary amenities providing a backdrop for an extraordinary life. Many exciting features include:
- A dramatic and open two-story living/dining room with modern lines, multiple skylights, gleaming oak flooring and walls of glass
- An eat-in kitchen comes next with dramatic canyon views, updated stainless appliances, recessed lighting, stone counters and built-in workspace
- Family room (optional fourth bedroom) with built-in media system and walls of windows overlooking the entry courtyard
- Large, dedicated office off family room and second office space that can also be used as a walk-in pantry or an opportunity to expand the kitchen
- Master suite with a private canyon-view balcony, spa-like master bath with dual vanities, large walk-in shower and deep Japanese soaking tub
- Two traditional bedrooms with bookshelves and/or built-ins
- Two additional, remodeled full baths on each level
- Laundry room with washer and dryer, sink and storage cabinets
- Ample storage throughout
- Two-car garage with storage/workshop area, large driveway, wine storage room under garage
- Custom-crafted sliding Japanese shoji screens
- Designer lighting
- Designer interior paint palette
- Beautiful front courtyard entry with large deck and planter beds
- Covered backyard decks with a swing set and built-in hutch
- Terraced backyard with optional urban farm
6016 Chelton is a rare opportunity to experience the Best of the Bay Area under one stylish roof; a fantastic commuter hub where one can derive inspiration from an environment that feels worlds away.
– See more at: www.6016chelton.com