Sold $1,250,000 SOLD (List: 995K) - Single Family Home
5649 Moraga is a quiet and spacious 3BD/2.5BA contemporary home on a wooded hillside, centered around a private outdoor rear terrace and brimming with luxurious and comfort-enhancing details. Conveniently situated with easy access to Piedmont, Rockridge, and Montclair Village, this solid and expertly designed home’s enchanting outdoor areas, generously proportioned rooms, and ample garage workshop space make it ideally suited to your every need.
This home’s floor plan, materials, and subtly repeating visual motifs create a comfortingly cohesive series of modern spaces with a classic flare. The home ingeniously gives an open feeling while still keeping distinct rooms. On the ground level, three separate sets of sliding glass doors usher you from different points to the centrally located terrace, while a series of windows floods the entire floor with light. The formal living room has a partial cathedral ceiling, accentuating its ample proportions, while the dining room’s doors to the outside imbue it with an irresistible indoor-outdoor atmosphere.
Thoughtful design elements abound throughout this warm and welcoming home. Narrow-grain fir accent trim around the upper walls tastefully references the crown moldings of turn-of-the-century architecture, a theme echoed in the fir window frames and baseboards. Sturdy and narrowly spaced fir uprights support the bannisters, while a graceful fireplace anchors the living room. The kitchen picks up on the beautiful fir accents found throughout the house, as its slatted natural wood cabinets, at once homey and elegant, perfectly set off its stylish stone counters and stainless appliances. Oak hardwood floors make the home feel classic, while modern touches such as recessed lighting and chic light fixtures keep it contemporary. This home truly offers the best of everything.
On the upper level, you will find two bedrooms (or dual offices?) with shared hall bath in addition to the peaceful owner’s suite, which boasts ample closets, a full bath, private deck and views that gaze serenely over the rear terrace and wooded hillside. This retreat-like space is so tranquil that it is easy to forget you are in a city. The upper floor bedroom level also features a convenient hall laundry closet with washer/dryer. Down below, the basement level offers an attached two-car garage with internal access, perfect for storage or use as your own private workshop. This is a home that anticipates your every need.
5649 Moraga is a beautifully designed home in a prime location. With Piedmont Avenue minutes away, Montclair Village even closer, and the rest of the Bay Area just beyond, all the joys and conveniences of East Bay living are at your fingertips. We warmly invite you to come explore this wonderful home.
Highlights at a Glance:
• 3BD/2.5BA, 2296 +/- square foot contemporary home on a wooded hillside
• Conveniently situated with easy access to Montclair Village and Piedmont Avenue shops, restaurants, and amenities
• Ground level is centered around the outdoor terrace and has ample natural light
• Thoughtful design elements abound, including narrow-grain fir accent trim, window frames, baseboards, and staircase uprights; a graceful living-room fireplace; natural wood slatted kitchen cabinets; oak hardwood floors; recessed lighting; and chic modern light fixtures
• Subtly repeating visual motifs create a comfortingly cohesive series of modern spaces with a classic flare
• Modern chef’s kitchen features gas range, stainless sink and appliances, natural stone countertops, walk-in pantry, and oak hardwood floors
• Peaceful owner’s suite boasts ample closets and a full bath and gazes out serenely over the rear terrace and wooded hillside
• Two additional bedrooms with shared hall bath
• Convenient upper-level hall laundry closet with washer/dryer
• Attached two-car garage with internal access, perfect for storage or use as your own private workshop
• Updated plumbing
• Central heating
• Dual-pane windows and sliding glass doors
• Ample storage throughout
• 2-car driveway
• Built in 1992