Sold $4,005,000 (List Price: $3,495,000) - Single Family Home
In the coveted Claremont Pines neighborhood of Rockridge, 5615 Glenbrook is an exquisite custom Contemporary reminiscent of a Tyrolean Chalet with 6 bedrooms, 3 full baths, 2 half-baths, and 5035 square feet of living space. Beautifully appointed and designed with multiple living areas and an elevator running between floors, the home is uniquely flexible for varying lifestyles, including multi-generational living or an au pair configuration. Dramatic windows and vaulted ceilings with exposed beams accentuate the open feel of the home which includes a formal dining room, recently remodeled chef’s kitchen, expansive family room, and a luxurious primary suite with private balcony. The beautifully landscaped surrounding yard is perfect for entertaining with multi-level patios and a large built-in gas grill. Along with abundant storage opportunities inside, the home’s attached three-car garage includes built-in cabinets and shelves as well as access to the elevator for ease of transporting groceries or other heavy items. Beautifully situated, the home is moments from the Claremont Country Club and Spa, coveted schools, College Avenue shops and restaurants, the beloved Village Market, Lake Temescal, and Rockridge BART.
The home is set back from the street with a deep, lushly landscaped front yard that integrates an arresting outcropping of rock with attractive uplighting to accentuate the beauty of the natural stone. The home’s unique roofline with many gables of various sizes mimics the outcroppings so often found in the Rockridge landscape.
Highlights of the Home:
* An open common area with a spacious foyer and formal dining room features dramatic vaulted ceilings, tall windows, and warm hardwood floors with decorative inlay. A huge stone fireplace adorns one wall of the gracious living room.
* A home chef’s delight, the expansive kitchen has been newly remodeled with stone countertops, subway tile backsplash, and a stone-topped island for food prep. Sunlight pours through the corner window over the sink, and a deep shelf offers space for an indoor herb garden. To enhance the joy of cooking, the kitchen features a new Viking fridge, Thermador dual ovens, and a new NXR professional 6-burner gas cooktop and hood. A Bosch dishwasher helps with speedy cleanup, and a convenient wine fridge provides a relaxing nightcap when the cleanup is finished.
* A casual dining area adjoins the kitchen with corner windows and a door out to the lower flagstone patio, convenient for shuttling food out to the large Grand Turbo grill.
* On the main level, a bedroom with vaulted ceiling and tall window is large enough to be furnished as a combination bed/sitting room and with the adjacent full bath might serve as a private guest suite. A second bedroom
* On the second level, an expansive sun-washed family room includes a large fireplace, sitting area with corner windows, and an adjoining powder room. Sliding glass doors open onto the upper flagstone patio and lush lawn surrounded by mature trees.
* Beneath a vaulted ceiling, the spacious primary suite is the only room on the top floor – a luxurious haven away from the bustle of the household. The large fireplace invites you to snuggle up on rainy nights, and sliding glass doors open onto a flagstone balcony – a perfect place to sit with your morning coffee and watch the world wake up around you. Corner windows flood the adjoining split bath with natural light and a spa-like soaking tub with stone surround beckons. The bath includes wide dual vanities, a walk-in shower, and a huge dressing room and closet.
* The yard surrounding the home is perfect for a children’s play area or for al fresco entertaining with multi-level patios, one with a built-in gas grill and direct access to the kitchen, one surrounded by lawn, and a third covered and sheltered from the weather.
* The huge laundry room features a built-in folding table and shelves, and is connected to a separate, sizeable storage area.
* The attached three-car garage (2 tandem spots) includes multiple storage shelves and cabinets, and an elevator is convenient for transporting groceries and other heavy items to the main living area.
Dual zone heat and air conditioning
Central vacuum system
Refinished hardwood floors