Sold $2,250,000 SOLD - Single Family Home
Located on a massive 2+ acre private, gated lot, 5405 Bacon Road features two notable homes, expansive gardens, San Francisco and Bay Bridge views, and surprises at every turn.
The 4BD/4.5BA main house measures 4,105 square feet and is perched near the top of the lot, with the property’s dramatic grounds unfolding below it. Within the main home visitors will find expansive spaces, including an open living/dining area as well as a family room, great room with vaulted ceilings, eat-in kitchen, office, and owner’s suite with two full baths.
Sprawling and distinctive, 5405 Bacon Road is the former home of an inventor/machinist and includes remarkable features such as a basement with a shooting gallery, two finished workshops, and a full bath. The main house also features hardwood floors, three fireplaces, an elevator, and a three-car garage with internal access. Large windows across the western side of the home showcase the grounds, while the rear of the main home reveals a spacious patio, a greenhouse, terraced gardens, a shed, and a small pond.
Tucked at the lower end of the property is a 2BD/2BA 1,212 square foot additional home on the lot, distinguished by an open living area shared with the kitchen as well as a fireplace; the entire entry level floor has hardwood floors. On the lower level of this additional home there is a two-car garage, a full bath, and a dark room. This home also has an expansive deck overlooking the property’s landscaped grounds.
Exploration of the 2+ acres of land at 5405 Bacon reveals additional features, such as an additional pond, a gazebo, a broad paved footpath, a creek spanned by a footbridge, and carefully placed, mature trees and shrubs.
*buyer to verify
Highlights at a Glance:
* Two homes on 2+acre private, gated lot
* Expansive landscaped gardens
* 4BD/4.5BA 4,105 square foot home
* Additional 2BD/2BA 1,212 square foot home
* San Francisco and Bay Bridge views
* Open living/dining areas with fireplace
* Family room with fireplace
* Great room with vaulted ceilings and fireplace
* Owner’s suite with two full baths
* Two basement workshops
* Basement shooting gallery
* Hardwood floors
* Greenhouse, gazebo, paved footpath, shed, footbridge, ponds, and multiple patios
* Power generator at each home
* Fresh water well used for irrigation and water storage tanks
* Three-car garage with internal access in main home
* Two-car garage with internal access in additional home
* Dark room
* Built in 1985