Sold $649,000 List Price - Single Family Home
Situated on a quiet street, 26931 Lakewood Way is a beautifully renovated 3BD/2BA home, fresh with new landscaping in the front garden. Upon entering the 1,621 square foot home, you are impressed by the inviting sense of open space due to its common area, lit by a large picture window, that is suitable for living and dining. It’s sparkling chef’s kitchen replete with ample cabinetry and counter space, stainless steel appliances, a porcelain double sink, and built-in wine storage, is also immediately visible, making for a particularly welcoming atmosphere.
26931 Lakewood features an expansive family room, which with a fireplace and french doors opening into the rear garden, is both dramatic and versatile. It also includes an owner’s suite with a large closet and bath level-in shower, marble floors, and dual sink, as well as a second bedroom and a hallway bath with marble floor and shower/tub.
In the large rear garden, you’ll find shade and sun, as well as mature trees that give the home privacy, including a lemon tree heavy with ripe fruit; it includes a shed that could used for storage or a clubhouse for children. Expansive as it is, the rear garden is an ideal space for entertaining and playing, with plenty of space for flower and vegetable gardens.
This charming ranch home also has an attached two-car garage with internal access and laundry area.
Moments away by foot, this home’s new owners can enjoy the Weekes Branch of the Hayward Public Library as well as the Weekes Community Center Park, which includes a playground. It also has convenient I-880 freeway access and is a short drive to San Mateo Bridge and South Hayward BART.
Highlights at a Glance
* Spacious 3BD/2BA 1,621 square foot ranch home in Shafer Park
* Fully renovated and remodeled in 2018
* Spacious open common areas
* Chef’s kitchen with porcelain double sink, stainless steel appliances, ample cabinetry and counter space, and built-in wine storage
* Expansive family room with fireplace and french doors leading to rear garden
* Owner’s suite with bath with level-in shower and marble floor as well as hallway bath with marble floor
* Recently landscaped with native, drought-tolerant plants
* Large rear garden with mature trees for privacy, including a mature lemon tree, and a shed
* Two-car garage with internal access and laundry area
* Steps from the Weekes Branch of the Hayward Public Library as well as the Weekes Community center Park, which includes a playground
* Conveniently located near I-880, San Mateo Bridge, and South Hayward BART
* Upgraded plumbing and new wiring
* Dual-pane windows
* Built in 1953