Sold $1,850,000 Sold Price (List 1.598K) - Single Family Home
There’s No Place Like Home
Located on a private bluff in the sought-after Broadway Terrace neighborhood is this custom-built, gorgeously landscaped Colonial home beautifully designed to create a classic and comfortable oasis not far from the amenities of Montclair, Rockridge, and points beyond.
No expense has been spared to create a timeless environment with exteriors inspired by the stately, dormered homes of New England and interiors that represent the best in California architecture and living.
The many unique features of this home include:
- Exceptional indoor/outdoor flow with level-out lawns, large patio, mature trees (designed to bring a flash of color to the seasons), beautifully landscaped planter beds, and vegetable/herb garden
- Thoughtful design integrity reflected in hardwood floors, crown moldings, recessed lighting, windows, window coverings, and the natural stone floors and trims that echo throughout the home
- Gracious entry flanked with covered exterior built-in patio benches and interior, windowed coat closets
- Open, formal living room with gas fireplace and hearth
- Spacious, gourmet, island kitchen with stainless steel appliances, granite counters, vegetable sink, work space, breakfast bar, Viking range, LG refrigerator and dishwasher, two ovens, and double-door pantry
- Formal and casual dining areas off kitchen
- Family room off kitchen with built-in media center, bookcases, and French doors
- Spacious master suite with private balcony, partial bay view, two organized walk-in closets (one with ironing system) and a spa-like bath with oversized jetted tub, walk-in steam shower, and dual vanities
- Two more generous bedrooms on sleeping level along with a convenient laundry area complete with wash sink and ample cabinetry
- Third floor family/media room with sweeping bay views, balcony, gas fireplace, vaulted ceiling, window seat, work nooks, spacious guest or au pair bedroom and full bath with standing shower
- Fantastic detached structure with full bath over the two-car garage — ideal for home office, workshop, guest room or au pair featuring a shower over tub, vaulted ceiling, skylight, ceiling fan, sink/work space, and air conditioner
- Two-car, side-by-side garage with ample elevated storage spaces and room for workshop
- Other notable amenities include built-in speakers system throughout, 75-gallon water heater, custom Hunter-Douglas blinds, dual-zone heating, air conditioning, ceiling fans, drainage system, ample storage, compliant sewer, and a wonderful collection of built-ins
268 Taurus is grace in architecture; elegant and inviting in form while catering to the function of our lives. It is an opportunity not to be missed.