Sold $1,110,000 (List: 895K) - Single Family Home
2026 Encinal is a captivating 2+BD/2BA Craftsman bungalow (currently configured as a 3BD/2BA) featuring a spacious private back garden and deck area, original architectural detailing throughout, and a lower-level bonus bedroom, family room, storage room, bath and potential laundry room with internal and garden access. This charming and centrally located property is near the best of Alameda, including St Joseph’s and Lum Elementary Schools, Alameda High School, beaches, parks, Park Street, South Shore, as well as Downtown Oakland and the SF Ferry. Blue Dot Cafe is just steps away.
Entering the home, which is beautifully set back from the street, you will immediately feel bathed in early-twentieth-century ambiance as you take in the subtle elegance of the living and dining room’s shallow leaded-glass bay windows. Dark hardwood floors and original window moldings set a classic tone. The dining room is anchored at its far end by a gorgeous original built-in credenza.
The updated and stylish kitchen features an ultra-useful built-in pantry, greenhouse window over the sink, subway-tiled backsplashes, vintage-style cabinets, and inviting breakfast nook. Sliding glass and screen doors open directly from the breakfast nook onto the back dining deck and garden, bathing the entire kitchen in natural light. The kitchen features a stainless-steel sink, four-burner gas range, microwave, and stainless-steel refrigerator.
In addition to its two lovely upstairs bedrooms and full bath, this home offers an inviting finished basement space. Easily accessed by an internal staircase off the front entry, it includes four ample rooms: a spacious family room, bonus bedroom, storage room, and full bath and potential laundry room. With direct level-in garden access, this extra added space offers countless possibilities.
In addition to its numerous interior charms, 2026 Encinal features an attached single-car garage with built-in storage and cottage doors, as-yet undeveloped attic space accessible by a pull-down door, a spacious landscaped private back yard and garden area bordered by citrus trees, and a front porch with old-timey wooden porch swing. With easy access to the SF ferry, Downtown Oakland, and the Transbay bus, this home also brings you close to all of the wonderful beaches, bike paths, parks, and cafes that Alameda has to offer. We warmly invite you to come explore this lovely home.
Highlights at a Glance:
• 2+BD/2BA Craftsman-ear bungalow in Central Alameda (currently configured as a 3BD/ 2BA home)
• 2116 square foot house on a beautifully landscaped 4200 square foot lot, per public records
• Stylish vintage common areas including shallow leaded-glass bay windows, dark hardwood floors, original window moldings, and a gorgeous original built-in credenza
• Updated and airy kitchen featuring an ultra-useful built-in pantry, greenhouse window over the sink, subway-tiled backsplashes, vintage-style cabinets, stainless-steel sink, four-burner gas range, microwave, and stainless-steel refrigerator
• Inviting breakfast nook with sliding glass and screen doors opening directly onto the back dining deck and garden
• Two lovely upstairs bedrooms and full bath
• Inviting finished basement space with level-in garden access, easily accessed by an internal staircase off the front entry and including four ample rooms: a spacious family room, bonus bedroom, storage room, and full bath and potential laundry room
• Attached single-car garage with built-in storage and cottage doors
• As-yet undeveloped attic space easily accessed by pull-down door (please consult with City of Alameda)
• Additional street parking
• Spacious landscaped private back yard and garden area bordered by citrus trees; garden irrigated with custom gray-water system
• Front porch with old-timey wooden porch swing
• Dual-zone central heating (2 years old)
• New roof (2 years old)
• Hardwood floors
• Easy access to the SF ferry, Downtown Oakland, the Transbay bus, and all of the wonderful beaches, bike paths, parks, and cafes that Alameda has to offer