Sold $1,075,000 (List: 799K) - Single Family Home
2 Ascot is a charming and exquisitely maintained 3+BD/1.25BA bungalow surrounded by lush, private organic gardens with the comforting feel of an elegant beach home. Brimming with beautiful detailing both inside and out, this warm and inviting home offers an extraordinary lifestyle right in the heart of the East Bay on the edge of Redwood Regional Park.
Entering the property through its wrought-iron gate instantly transports you to a world of chirping birds and flowering plants as you pass camellias and a path winding to a garden deck to your left. Once inside, you will be immediately captivated by the lovingly preserved interior, the harmonious flow and balanced feel of the rooms, and the evident care that has been bestowed upon the home.
2 Ascot Lane abounds in thoughtful details. The living room features a fireplace, built-in bookshelves, and angled arches whose contours echo the room’s cathedral ceiling. Corner windows and crown moldings grace the living and dining rooms. The oak-floored entry has a built-in wall display niche and double-doored coat closet. The kitchen is bright with sunlight and features a built-in stainless-steel refrigerator with retro-style storage shelf, a spacious window ledge perfect for plants or found treasures, granite countertops, pot rack, vintage-style cabinets, Bosch dishwasher, dual-compartment stainless-steel sink, and gas range. The adorable bay-windowed breakfast nook off the kitchen is cheerful and welcoming.
In addition to its common areas, this home boasts three bedrooms, a spacious attached basement 2-car tandem garage with interior access, and a bonus downstairs office or studio room. The bedrooms echo the vintage corner windows, hardwood floors, and crown moldings of the common areas, and the basement garage has a quarter bath, beautiful carriage doors, and direct access to the back garden, back deck, and two-vehicle covered carport. Outside, flowering plants and verdant foliage greet you at every turn, and the property teems with animal life: Birds, butterflies, and other fauna abound.
Lovingly preserved and featuring modern conveniences, vintage cottage charm, and a lush setting, 2 Ascot is an extraordinary place to call home. We warmly invite you to come experience this exceptional property.
Highlights at a Glance:
• 3BD/1.25BA Cape Cod-style 1930’s home on a quiet street in Oakland’s Piedmont Pines neighborhood near Redwood and Joaquin Miller Regional Parks and Hwy 13
• 1,504 square-foot residence on a beautifully landscaped 7,182 square-foot lot
• Exquisitely maintained interior full of stylish details, including a fireplace, built-in bookshelves, angled arches, cathedral ceiling, corner windows, crown moldings, hardwood floors, and built-in wall display niches
• Bright and sunny kitchen featuring a built-in stainless-steel refrigerator with retro-style storage shelf, spacious window ledge perfect for plants or knick-knacks, granite countertops, vintage-style cabinets, Bosch dishwasher, dual-compartment stainless-steel sink, gas range, and adjoining breakfast nook
• 3 charming bedrooms plus an additional bonus basement office room
• Beautiful lush irrigated organic gardens and landscaping, plus two spacious outdoor decks
• Attached two-car tandem garage with quarter bath and interior and garden access
• 2-vehicle covered carport with garden access
• Hardwood floors throughout
• Ample bedroom and hall storage
• Central heating
• Air conditioning
• Dual-pane windows
• New insulation
• New seismic retrofit
• New water heater
• New washer/dryer
• New high-efficiency furnace
• Alarm system (needs to be activated)
• Built in 1938
With its immaculate interior, modern conveniences, and lush landscaping, 2 Ascot brims with irresistible charm and thoughtful details. Just steps from Redwood Regional Park and a stone’s throw from Highway 13, this property gives you the best of the Bay Area at your fingertips. We warmly invite you to come experience this beautiful home.