Sold $2,130,000 SOLD (List: 1.895M - Highest sale in history of the East End) - Single Family Home
LIVING ART ON SAN LEANDRO BAY
Meander down the curved brick shoreline path that winds through a bubbling waterfall and beautiful sculpture gardens …take in the sweeping views of the bay in all directions… arrive at the entryway, a magnificent fused glass art installation by renowned glass artist David Ruth, and you begin to realize that you are not just about to enter a very special home…you are about to begin an experience that could only be termed a “feast for the senses”. Here form and function are married with a rich artistic sensibility, the finest materials from around the world, and Artisan-crafted finishes to create an aquatic-themed home that truly must be seen and experienced to be appreciated.
We are pleased to present 1380 East Shore Drive, a spectacular waterfront custom home located on Alameda’s coveted East End. This one-of-a-kind architectural gem was originally built in 1955, but completely rebuilt and re-engineered in 2003. The rebuild incorporated massive steel I-beam construction that creates an exceptional level of engineering safety while allowing for a unique open floor plan that maximizes the expansive Bay views from nearly every part of the home.
Serious art collectors, the current owners wanted to create a home that was a worthy environment for their collection, while providing a comfortable and luxurious lifestyle for their day-to-day. Situated on an oversized waterfront lot, the generous use of glass and decking create an unparalleled indoor-outdoor flow that allows maximum enjoyment of the home’s extraordinary location.
Here are some of the amazing characteristics of this special property and its 1.5+M renovation:
- 4 bedrooms and 3.5 baths; nearly 3500 square feet of interior space
- Jerusalem limestone 2’x2’ flooring (zero grout line) as well as red oak and mahogany
- Radiant in-floor heating on both levels
- Extensive built-in, handmade, custom cabinetry of quarter-sawn book matched cherry throughout the house
- Berkeley Mills custom front door with David Ruth fused glass art
- Exquisite architectural seam finish theme echoed throughout the home created by a double layer of sheet rock
- Two fireplaces – marble trimmed in the living room and travertine in the master suite
- Seven magnificent fused glass art installations by David Ruth built into the structure
- Spectacular gourmet chef’s kitchen with Sub Zero under-counter wine coolers, custom cherry book matched cabinets, professional grade stainless appliances, granite countertops and dramatic European custom range hood
- Aquatic-themed vanity bath on main level hand-painted by muralist Dan Fontes
- Coffered ceilings with recessed and hidden lighting
- Built-in entertainment center with large screen TV and espresso bar
- Large waterfront private yard with slate patio, koi pond, outdoor kitchen, Jacuzzi spa, several outdoor art sculpture installations and sweeping views of the Bay and the East Bay hills
- Entire second floor master suite and office with fireplace and travertine patio with unobstructed bay views
- Office with second, covered private balcony off the master bedroom
- Two laundry areas – Miele HE washer and dryer in master suite
- Spa-like master bath with polished travertine finishes, large jetted tub, walk-in glass tile shower with six shower head and dual mixers, towel-heaters and custom onyx under-lit vanity.This is but a partial list of the features and amenities of this incredible home. We invite you to schedule a time to experience this modern masterpiece for yourself. It is an opportunity you will not want to miss.
See more at: 1380eastshore.com
See the video at: vimeo.com/130122062