Active $649,000 List Price - Single Family Home
1240 Cornell Avenue is a delightful 1BD/1BA bungalow ideally situated moments from the best of North Berkeley’s amenities and steps from the delightful Westbrae neighborhood. It has been beautifully upgraded throughout and includes a large, detached two-car garage. (A possible candidate for future renovation? Please verify with City of Berkeley Planning Department.)
Upon entering this lovely home, you pass through a delightful entryway into a spacious common area graced by a new oak floor. Explore the fully updated kitchen and you will find ample oak cabinetry, granite countertops with under-the-cabinet lighting, a French-door refrigerator with ice maker, and stylish Marmoleum floor.
At 1240 Cornell, the home’s spacious bedroom delights with hardwood floors and a large closet, while the updated bath includes a shower-over-tub with tile and quartz vanity. At the rear of the home visitors will find a laundry area; the rear garden, which is ready and waiting for an ambitious gardener, includes bearing fruit trees, and the spacious garage, which is rife with potential.
1240 Cornell is located just steps from wonderful neighborhood amenities, including Whole Foods, Philz coffee, REI and Westbrae gems including the enormously popular Westbrae Biergarten. It is also moments from North Berkeley BART!
Highlights at a Glance
* 1BD/1BA North Berkeley bungalow
* 614 square feet, per public records
* Steps from neighborhood amenities, including Whole Foods, Philz coffee, and Westbrae businesses
* Moments from North Berkeley BART
* Hardwood floors
* Upgraded kitchen and bath
* Rear garden ripe for upgrading, with apricot and Santa Rosa plum trees
* Tankless water heater
* Large, detached two-car garage
* Built in 1920, per public records