Sold $875,000 SOLD (List: $749K) - Duplex
Tucked away on a delightful cul-de-sac steps from Park Street and public transit, 1234 Pease is a 2BD/2BA, 1186 square foot compound with two homes that share a private garden. With wood shingles on the exterior, high ceilings and wood floors throughout, the front residence effortlessly blends original 19th century details with a modern sensibility. As you enter, you take in the bright, open living room, replete with vintage light fixtures, exposed beams, a wood-burning style gas stove, and a striking octagonal window; the flow of the home takes you toward the spacious, eat-in chef’s kitchen, which is fitted with high-end appliances and clever design details, such as Mia Cucina cabinets, drawers-within-drawers, a local fireclay backsplash, and a skylight. Just off the kitchen, you’ll find an enchanting bedroom with a closet ingeniously fitted with sliding Victorian parlor doors with original hardware. The home’s bath is delightful: doors matching those in the bedroom slide in place to provide privacy, while light streams in through a wall of glass blocks; a heated soaking tub and custom vanity, built from a vintage sideboard and fitted with a natural stone countertop, contribute to a one-of-a-kind yet luxurious atmosphere. Fully renovated in 2018, the home also features a 288 square foot finished loft, accessible by a spiral staircase from the living room, that could serve as an office or additional bedroom.
From the rear of the home, you pass through a foyer decorated with English tessellated tile, out into the private, sunny courtyard and garden, which is planted with bougainvillea and a dwarf apple tree. There you find the legal detached studio with a more rustic sensibility. Fully renovated in 2016, it has wood walls, exposed beams, a loft, and a second wood-burning style gas stove. It also has a cleverly designed kitchen with an Italian tile backsplash as well as a bright full bath with an encaustic tile floor. The studio at 1234 Pease is well-suited as a guest suite or in-law or legal rental unit. It recently rented for $1875/mo.
1234 Pease also includes a shared laundry off of the garden and ample exterior storage. From the smallest detail aimed at convenience, such as the instant hot water in both kitchens, to the carefully curated details such as vintage light fixtures, 1234 Pease infuses contemporary comfort with charming reminders of days gone by.
With so many amenities nearby, including the ferry to San Francisco, bus stops, Park Street’s many businesses and restaurants, and the Robert W. Crown Memorial State Beach, 1234 Pease is ideally suited to provide not just style and privacy, but convenience.
Highlights at a Glance:
* Two homes in a private, Nantucket-style compound
* Located in Alameda’s East End, two blocks from Park Street
* 2BD/2BA total
* 1180 square feet
* Additional 288 square foot finished bonus loft
* 19th century details fused with modern conveniences
* Wood floors throughout
* Updated chef’s kitchen with high-end appliances in front home
* Luxurious, one-of-a-kind bathroom
* Private, sunny garden with bougainvillea and dwarf apple tree
* Instant hot water and quartz countertops in kitchens of both homes
* Rear legal detached studio with loft, full kitchen and bath
* Shared laundry
* Ample external storage
* One parking space
* Conveniently situated near public transportation, including a bus stop and the ferry to San Francisco, as well as to the Robert W. Crown Memorial State Beach
* Front home built in 1895 and fully renovated in 2018
* Rear studio renovated in 2016, recently leased for $1875/month
See more at: 1234-Pease