Sold $2,200,000 SOLD (List: 1.875M) - Single Family Home
A HOME FOR THE GENERATIONS: Warm and Inviting Piedmont Traditional
For the last 23 years, the Book family has raised their family in this beautiful, light-filled, 1920’s Piedmont Traditional. They have raised their children, been actively involved in this tight-knit community, enjoyed Dracena Quarry Park, and strolled to Piedmont Avenue. Their children are thriving adults and have left the home, so it feels like time to pass their cherished home on to its next steward.
The next chapter begins. And we begin, as one often does, with a description of the setting:
- A tree-lined street with elegant, historic homes one block from a beautifully landscaped park with walking paths, romantic bridge, playgrounds and climbing wall
- A beautiful entry path framed in boxwood and mature Jacaranda trees leads you to an elegant covered porch with arched front door
- An inviting and open entry introduces elegant architectural themes that echo through the home including sunny rooms, parquet floors, crown moldings, Art Deco lines and curves, open passageways between rooms, contemporary lighting and period baseboards and trims
- A glorious arched picture window anchors the large formal living room along with built-in bookshelves, cabinets, fireplace, hearth and French doors that lead to a windowed sun room overlooking the backyard – an ideal setting for arts and crafts or home office
- The dining room is a fantastic holiday setting with corner built-ins, two large picture windows and space for a 12-person table
- The heart of the home is the airy, open, remodeled kitchen flowing onto the back deck through French doors. It features a large island with vegetable sink, breakfast nook, Viking range, Sub Zero Refrigerator, marble and butcher block counters, built-in workspace, ample cabinetry, hanging pot rack and wine storage
- A powder room completes the main level with marble sink. It is opposite a staircase to the basement with its massive unfinished storage areas and finished family room with built-in media cabinets and long bench
- The sunny staircase has a wide landing between floors, perfect for curling up with a book in the afternoon light
- The master bedroom suite has gracious proportions, an organized walk-in closet and en-suite bath
- Two additional, spacious bedrooms and a full bath with shower over tub complete the upstairs
- The large, level backyard is a wonderful setting for gardening, play or relaxation. Overseen by a deck off the kitchen, it features a large slate patio area, built-in swing off the family room, planter beds, citrus trees, climbing roses, and side yard access from the long driveway and two-car garage
123 Ricardo is a story of beautiful architectural details and modern amenities in a vibrant community with extraordinary access to the Best of Piedmont, Grand Avenue and points beyond. It is a warm and inviting home for the generations awaiting its next chapter and the people who will fill the pages of its ongoing legacy.