Sold $2,135,000 SOLD (List: $1,695,000) - Single Family Home
A classic example of the mid-century modern aesthetic, 94 Dudley Avenue is a welcoming and peaceful home that has been lovingly maintained by its original owners. As you approach this 2838 square foot 5BD/3BA, you take in the stunning, drought-tolerant landscaping, planted with an assortment of mature succulents, cacti, and South African protea. Inside, you will find a space that is the hallmark of the architectural era: a wide-open living/dining area with soaring ceilings and original paneling that echoes the towering redwoods you take in through a wall of windows. The room also features a brick fireplace and wide-planked hardwood floors.
Through the dining room, a spacious kitchen features a classic mid-century layout with a breakfast bar that extends into an attached family room with fireplace. Sliding glass doors reveal a private terrace with terracotta tiles and access to the sunny main level deck, which overlooks a rear garden planted with a variety of mature, towering trees and a canyon beyond. Also on the main level, you will find an owner’s suite with a bath and shower and two bedrooms with a shared hallway bath with a shower/tub.
Descending the staircase from the main hallway, 94 Dudley reveals further charms: an expansive lower level that could be used as a guest suite or au pair. With a remarkably large common area, its features include original wood paneling, built-in shelves, a kitchenette with built-in cabinetry and breakfast bar, two additional bedrooms, and a shared bath with a shower. From the lower level and by a steps descending from the upper deck, you can explore an additional deck, large terrace, and rear garden, all of which lend the home an atmosphere of tranquility and seclusion.
Highlights at a Glance:
* Classic mid-century modern 2838 square foot 5BD/3BA Piedmont home
* Expansive living/dining area with fireplace, original wood paneling, and large windows overlooking redwoods and canyon
* Lower level guest suite with large common area, built-in cabinetry, kitchenette, two bedrooms, shared bath, and access to lower deck
* Kitchen with attached family room with fireplace and access to terrace and deck
* Main level owner’s suite with bath with shower
* Two decks, upper level terrace and lower level patio
* Mature, drought-tolerant front and back gardens as well as a variety of towering trees
* Tranquil, secluded atmosphere
* Attached two-car garage with external access
* Built in 1953
* Original blueprints available at open houses and by request
See more at: 94-Dudley