Sold $1,305,000 SOLD (List: 995K - Record $/Sq Ft For This Neighborhood!) - Single Family Home
882 Cedar is a magnificent Joseph Leonard 4BD/2BA 1893 Queen Anne Victorian featuring a meticulously restored interior, expansive and beautifully landscaped private back garden, and vast undeveloped attic space. This gorgeous home underwent an extensive 14-year restoration by its current owners, and their keen aesthetic sense and devotion to detail shine in every room. This stunning property brims with elegance, warmth, and personality, enchanting all who walk through its doors.
This welcoming home captivates you immediately with the subtle architectural and ornamental detailing, spacious yet intimate proportions, and restrained grandeur of its interior spaces. With ten-foot ceilings, towering double-hung sash windows, exquisite period hanging light fixtures, wide and well-proportioned doorways, and rich redwood detailing and oak floors, the common areas sparkle with style and history. The living room’s rounded turret and tall curved-pane windows soften the room, highlighting its classic form.
882 Cedar’s many wonders reveal themselves at every turn. The whimsical red dining-room ceiling fixture strikes a note at once classic and contemporary. The dining room continues the inviting feel of the entryway and living room, and off to the side, tucked beneath the stairs, a cozy children’s fort-like nook, complete with lighting and electrical, will delight people of all ages.
In addition to its modern appliances, the stylish granite-countered kitchen features a vintage O’Keefe & Merritt gas range in near-mint condition, complete with adjustable broiler and gleaming griddle. The custom cherry kitchen cabinets add rich warmth and offer perfect storage solutions for the home chef. The kitchen boasts a walk-in pantry and opens into a spacious breakfast or office nook with sweeping views of the vast, private, and beautifully landscaped back garden. A convenient full bath with walk-in shower hides off the breakfast nook.
The upstairs bedrooms and baths mirror the grace and functionality of the ground level. One bedroom has a semi-circular corner wall, and spectacular period ceiling fixtures and detailing abound. The spa-like hall bath doubles as a laundry room. At the top of the stairs to your left, an airy window-lined sunroom spans the width of the house, overlooking the lush back garden – the perfect place to unwind. The vast unfinished attic space, as yet undeveloped, is easily accessed by a pull-down ladder in the upstairs hallway.
The rear garden’s spacious lawn is bordered by a large hardwood deck and an organically flowing brick patio, offering the perfect place to relax or to entertain. Lush, green, and private, this perfectly proportioned outdoor space grounds the house beautifully. A mature Douglas Fir, complete with the ultimate child’s swing, soars majestically over the garden. A finished and well-lit, insulated garage offers an ideal workshop or studio space for your creative projects.
882 Cedar is an exceptional Victorian in a much-coveted location. Beautifully situated in Alameda’s Bronze Coast, near coveted schools, Park Street shops and restaurants, and the beach, this splendid home is ready to be yours.
Highlights at a Glance:
- 4BD/2BA Joseph A. Leonard Queen Anne Victorian in Alameda’s Bronze Coast, near excellent schools, Park Street shops and restaurants, and the beach, with easy access to Downtown Oakland, the San Francisco Transbay bus, and the San Francisco Ferry
- 1,579 square-foot residence on a beautifully landscaped 5,200 square-foot lot
- Meticulously renovated and restored Victorian home full of period detail, including exquisite hanging light fixtures, original multi-pane seven-foot windows, wide doorways, oak floors, and stately decorative redwood doorframes
- Updated kitchen featuring modern stainless-steel appliances, chromed O’Keefe & Merritt gas range in near-mint condition, dual-compartment sink, rich cherry cabinets, carved 1920’s-style patterns adorning the doorframes, a walk-in pantry, speakers, and a spacious breakfast or office nook with full bath
- Four charming bedrooms brimming with period detail, including a semi-circular corner wall and spectacular period ceiling fixtures
- Airy upper-level window-lined sunroom spanning the width of the house and overlooking the back garden
- Spa-like upstairs bathroom featuring a heated limestone floor, large shower with dual shower heads, laundry storage and folding areas, and stainless-steel washer and dryer in its own insulated alcove
- Vast undeveloped attic space, easily accessed by a pull-down ladder in the upstairs hallway
- Premium ceiling speakers in living room, dining room, and kitchen are connected to audio input panel in living room, providing seamless acoustic experience throughout the downstairs
- Beneath the stairs lies a kid’s dream fort, with premium padding, carpeting, lighting, electrical outlets, and its own mailbox
- Beautiful back garden with hardwood deck, brick patio built from the home’s original 124-year-old foundation bricks, a garden shed, spacious lawn with sprinkler system, and mature Douglas Fir tree offering summer-round shade and the perfect swing branch
- Detached single-car garage/workshop, fully insulated and sheetrocked, filled with natural light
- Three additional off-street parking spaces in driveway, including one behind a lockable gate
- Dining and living rooms feature original lighting fixtures supplemented by halogen can lighting. Premium Lutron dimmer system used throughout the home
- Original wavy-glass double-hung sash windows have been beautifully restored to full functionality
- Old-growth redwood trim and detailing have been meticulously stripped down to dental-tool detail and refinished to their original glory
- Original East Lake hardware (hinges, window sash locks, coat hooks) has been stripped of paint and re-lacquered
- All walls meticulously re-mudded, preserving better acoustics and organic character of plaster/lath
- Hardwood floors throughout
- All copper plumbing
- Fully updated electrical (2009)
- New hot-water heater (2013)
- Over-engineered foundation with continuous cripple walls for defense against seismic activity (2016)
- New front porch and steps (2016-2017)
- Central heating with new furnace and all new ducting (2016)
- New side and rear fence (2016) and driveway gate (2017)
- New interior and exterior paint (2017)
- Ample storage
- Built in 1893; on the Alameda Historic Register
882 Cedar is a stunningly beautiful Queen Anne Victorian, complete with sumptuous back garden, detached garage/workshop, separate gardening/storage shed, and spacious undeveloped attic. We warmly invite you to come experience this exceptional property.
See more at: 882-cedar