Sold $880,000 SOLD (List: $849K) - Single Family Home
Perched among olive trees and redwoods on a pristinely landscaped hill, 84 Siena is a thoughtfully designed contemporary Mediterranean split-level home, centered around a circular staircase with rotunda ceiling. This charming and private 2,022-square-foot modern residence, on a gated road in Oakland’s Sequoyah neighborhood, features 4 bedrooms, 4 full baths, 2 outdoor terraces, and a cook’s kitchen with Italian gas stove.
Entering the home, you will immediately glimpse the bright curving staircase beckoning just beyond the tiled foyer to your left and the first en-suite bedroom cozily tucked away to your right. Light streams in through the arched high windows of the entry’s airy rotunda ceiling, while the stairs’ hardwood floors add a touch of elegance.
Moving down to the middle level, you will enter a spacious and welcoming kitchen, dining, and living area with vaulted ceilings and an open floor plan; facing the rear of the property from midway down the hillside, this smartly situated area gives a wonderful sense of privacy despite its ample light and windows. Large wood-framed sliding doors off the living room lead to a lovely terrace facing tranquil redwoods, making both the indoor and outdoor space perfect for parties or a weekend barbeque. A second bedroom, with adjoining full spa-inspired bath, is neatly nestled behind the staircase and has its own private outdoor terrace.
Continuing to the lower level, you will discover a third bedroom and full bath in addition to the private owner’s suite, which boasts acacia wood floors, a walk-in closet, and an elegant bathroom with jetted oval tub and separate glass-enclosed shower. The house abounds in subtly charming touches, including the etched-glass door to the kitchen pantry and display alcoves for showcasing art or flowers. The lower level also offers a laundry room with built-in drying racks and a basement room ideal for wine or other storage.
Conveniently located in Oakland’s Sequoyah neighborhood, just above Eastmont Hills and near the Leona Canyon Regional Open Preserve, 84 Siena offers a winning combination of easy access and the calm remove of a quiet gated drive. With its charming details and design, this cozy yet modern home is ideal place from which to explore the entire Bay Area.
Highlights at a Glance:
• 4BD/4BA home in a beautiful gated community
• Conveniently located near the 580 freeway in the Siena Hill development of Oakland, with easy access to Google commuter buses directly across the street
• +/- 2,022 square-foot house on a manicured 10,000-square-foot lot
• Tri-level home centered around a charming circular staircase with rotunda ceiling
• Lovely open cook’s kitchen featuring a separate pantry, Bertazzoni gas stove with convection oven, Bosch refrigerator and dishwasher, and granite countertops
• Luxurious owner’s suite with acacia wood floors, private hallway, jetted oval tub, and walk-in closet
• Convenient basement for wine and other storage off lower level
• Separate laundry room with built-in drying racks
• Attached single-car garage with internal access and 2 additional off-street parking spaces
• Bedroom and hall closets throughout
• Charming built-in alcoves for displaying art or flowers
• Central heating
• Double-paned windows
• Spacious landscaped lot complete with herbs, olive trees, and other edible landscaping
• Remote-controlled gas fireplace in living room
• 42-inch wall-mounted flat-screen television above living-room fireplace
• Hardwood floors in main level and master bedroom; new carpeting in lower level and bedrooms
• 2 attached outdoor terraces with glazed stamped concrete
• Security system and gated drive
• HOA is $200 monthly
• Built in 2008
See more at: 84-siena