Sold $1,430,000 SOLD (List: 1.295M) - Single Family Home
6150 South Rockridge is a captivatingly elegant 3BD/2.5BA 1920s home surrounded by lush greenery and featuring bay and hillside views, a spacious enclosed rear courtyard, and a host of architectural delights. Nestled on a quiet winding street just minutes from the world-class amenities of College Avenue and Rockridge BART, this graceful home embodies the quintessence of its neighborhood’s famed romance, convenience, and charm.
This home’s warmth and style envelope you before you even set foot inside, as you find yourself in a verdant front garden, roses lining the brick pathway under your feet and luxuriant greenery surrounding you. Entering the home, you will immediately be struck by the aesthetic beauty and timelessness of the home’s interior. The open entryway leads you to the formal living room, dining room, breakfast room, enclosed outdoor courtyard, kitchen, or the formal staircase.
6150 Rockridge abounds in enchanting details, from subtly curved stair edges to a wood-burning fireplace to full-length multi-pane windows. Diamond-paned leaded-glass windows line the staircase to the bedrooms, while a gorgeous and beautifully angled bay window graces the front end of the formal living room. Several thoughtfully situated closets and built-in shelves imbue the home’s many spaces with convenience and character. A greenhouse window over the kitchen sink brings light into that cheerful room, and the outdoor courtyard is easily accessed from both the breakfast room and the entry hall.
The spacious and idyllic enclosed back courtyard, paved in brick and shaded by greenery, anchors the home, intimately connecting it to its lush surroundings. Indeed, this is a place that offers a different relationship to nature from every angle, be it the courtyard, the luxurious entry garden, or the glorious bay and hillside views from the upper bedrooms.
This home’s generosity of spirit permeates nearly every room, as the spacious living room with music alcove, walk-in entry closet, and well-proportioned bedrooms attest. The home features one en-suite bedroom with full bath and two additional ample bedrooms that share the adjacent hall bath. A convenient attached single-car with internal access and basement storage and laundry rooms keep all of your essentials within easy reach.
With its stunningly beautiful yet convenient setting, lovely period details, outdoor spaces and views, and warm and welcoming personality, 6150 South Rockridge is an irresistible gem in a much-coveted location. This gorgeous home is ready to be yours.
Highlights at a Glance:
• 3BD/2.5BA 1920s home on a tranquil tree-lined street
• 1,940 square-foot house on a beautifully landscaped 4800 square-foot lot
• Open entryway leads you to the formal living room, formal dining room, breakfast room, enclosed outdoor courtyard, kitchen, or formal staircase
• Enchanting architectural details throughout, including subtly curved stair edges, a wood-burning fireplace, full-length multi-pane windows, diamond-paned leaded-glass windows, a gorgeous bay window, thoughtfully situated closets, built-in shelves, and a greenhouse window over the kitchen sink
• Spacious and idyllic outdoor courtyard is easily accessed from both the breakfast room and the entry hall
• One en-suite bedroom with full bath and two additional ample bedrooms that share the adjacent hall bath
• Bay and hillside views from two of the bedrooms
• Convenient laundry and storage basement rooms just off kitchen
• Bedroom and hall closets throughout
• Attached single-car with internal access
• Built in 1926
6150 South Rockridge is a gorgeous 1920s home abounding in charm, warmth, elegance, and connection to nature, in the heart of one of Oakland’s most coveted neighborhoods. We warmly invite you to come explore this wonderful home.
See more at: 6150-Rockridge