Spoken For $995,000 List Price - Single Family Home
Nestled into a wooded hillside with bay and treeline views, 6070 Colton Blvd. is an automated, tranquil 4+BD/3BA mid-century home surrounded by greenery, featuring expansive open glass-walled common areas, spacious outdoor terrace, luxurious owner’s suite loft (with private terrace, bonus area, and bay views), secondary ground-level master, Brazilian teak hardwood floors, and stylish modern cooks’ kitchen and baths. Conveniently located just minutes from Montclair Village, Redwood Regional Park, and Highways 13 and 24, this impressive and welcoming home sparkles with natural light and ingenious design touches.
The horizontal lines of this home’s striking mid-century modern architecture lend great curb appeal, while wide brick steps, lush plantings, an olive tree, and a vibrant camellia usher you to the beautifully carved wooden front door. You are greeted by a charming tiled entry with full-length mirror, with the living room stretching before you and the kitchen to your left. The quintessentially mid-century living room feels at once graceful and grounded, perfect for hosting gatherings around its elegant wood-burning fireplace. Vertical and horizontal lines and an alcove ceiling guide the eye, while wraparound glass walls orient you towards the wooded hills. The room’s new dual-pane glass walls, along with a new furnace and Nest thermostat, help keep the interior temperature consistent throughout the year.
The entry’s modern taupe-grey tiled floors extend into the open kitchen and dining room, subtly creating a seamless flow, while wide windows and old growth redwood walls, beams, and window frames further unite the living spaces. This home has three inviting ground-floor bedrooms, fitted with custom shades; one ground-floor bedroom features an en-suite bath and peek-through views of the bay. The sliding barn door of the main bathroom keeps the space clear, and all three full baths feature new cabinets, sleek modern fixtures, and contemporary tiling. An irresistible owner’s suite and office takes up the entire upper level. Private and tucked out of site, the serenity of this space is amplified by dramatic vaulted ceilings and high windows, a private terrace with bay views, a walk-in closet and changing area, and a gorgeous modern bath.
This home brims with thoughtful design touches. Skylights fill the kitchen with light, which boasts wide stone countertops with built-in hot water dispenser, new appliances, and pull-out pantry storage, including cleverly utilized space under the stairs. In this “smart home,” you can control the locks, alarm, thermostat, and lighting with your voice (via Google Home or Amazon Alexa), and check your phone to see who is at your door or left a package while you were away. Outside, the brick terrace offers a wide built-in bench; ample storage is provided by an unfinished basement area and multiple exterior closets; and stairs connect the fenced rear yard to Snake Road, which itself leads to hillside stairs providing access to Montclair Village.
With its timeless mid-century architecture, stylish updated kitchen and baths, natural light, and sweeping views, 6070 Colton embodies the very best of what the Bay Area has to offer. With Montclair Village and schools a moment away and the rest of Oakland, Piedmont, and the greater Bay Area at your fingertips, this gorgeous home is not to be missed. We warmly welcome you to come explore.
Highlights at a Glance:
• Gorgeous 4+BD/3BA mid-century home nestled into a wooded hillside and surrounded by greenery
• 2,171sf home conveniently located just minutes from Montclair Village and Highways 13 and 24
• Elegant tiled entry with full-length mirror and entry closet ; front door is highly collectible and by Evelyn Ackerman (to be confirmed by buyer)
• Quintessentially mid-century modern living room is framed by vertical and horizontal lines, alcoved ceiling, magnificent wood-burning fireplace, hardwood floors, and wraparound glass walls gazing out towards the wooded hills
• Glass walls in living room are newly redone to be dual-pane
• Updated cook’s kitchen offers pull-out pantry storage under the stairs, skylights, natural stone countertops, gas range, Bosch dishwasher, and adjoining breakfast area
• “Smart home” whose Google-enabled command center is conveniently located on the kitchen counter
• Three ground-floor bedrooms in addition to the owner’s suite and office
• The owner’s spaces take up the entire upper level and enjoys a host of charming touches, including vaulted ceilings, private terrace with bay views, gorgeous modern bath, and luxurious closet and changing area
• Thoughtful details throughout, including alcove ceilings throughout the main level; tiled floors that subtly connect the entry, kitchen, and dining room; built-in bench on the terrace; and new cabinetry and sleek modern fixtures and tiling in each of the baths
• Convenient laundry closet just off kitchen
• 200-amp wiring
• Central heating
• Dual-pane windows
• Seismically upgraded
• Ample storage throughout
• Parking for 4 cars in the driveway and carport
• Garden sprinkler system
• Built in 1958
See more at: 6070-Colton