Sold $1,375,000 SOLD (Highest $/sf in the history of Oakland condos!) - Condominium, Single Family Home
Nestled at the end of one of Oakland’s most enchanting cul-de-sacs, 5878 Birch is a drop-dead gorgeous 2BD/1BA townhouse-style condo in the coveted heart of Rockridge. Peaceful and captivating, surrounded by lush trees and greenery, this lovingly maintained and exquisitely updated home’s retreat-like feel belies its extraordinary proximity to BART and College Avenue. A luxury condominium that lives like a house, with an ingenious and perfectly flowing floor plan and a large dedicated enclosed rear garden and deck, this astonishingly elegant yet livable home truly has it all.
The home occupies the right-hand half of a beautiful 1941 condo-converted duplex. Lush and romantic, the home’s facade has an irresistible storybook quality, with your left-hand neighbor’s outdoor terrace gracing the front and plantings and greenery beckoning you onward. Winding up the short path to your home’s entrance, you feel as if you are stepping into a fairytale. All of the hustle and bustle of the Bay Area suddenly seems a million miles away.
Entering the home, you will find yourself in a modern, bright, and airy living area flooded with natural light from a large and perfectly positioned skylight. The common areas flow organically into each other, with the dining room just ahead and the sleek modern kitchen to its left. The dining area opens directly onto the secluded L-shaped rear garden and deck, surrounded by bamboo, camellias, ferns, and vines.
To the left of the entry and just a few short steps up, you will find the gorgeous owner’s bedroom and bath and the multi-purpose bonus room, perfect for your home office or guest quarters. Hidden beneath the bedroom and easily accessed off the living room entry, an extra-wide attached single-car garage with laundry means you can save your quiet street’s ample street parking for friends and visitors.
Throughout this immaculate remodeled home, thoughtful aesthetic and practical touches will thrill and delight you. Beautiful original hardwood floors, classic multi-pane windows, and a sleek yet stately gas fireplace grace the living room, while warm white walls give the entire home a pervading lightness. The kitchen’s white cabinets, stainless-steel appliances, gas range, natural stone counters, and warm gray subway-tiled backsplashes make cooking easy and relaxing, and the kitchen gazes peacefully out at the rear garden. The owner’s built-in bedroom storage and glass-walled shower seamlessly marry style with utility, while the light-filled bonus room’s angled ceilings effortlessly break up the space. Everywhere you look, something special awaits you.
5878 Birch is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity in Oakland’s most coveted neighborhood. With BART and College Avenue just steps away, the entire Bay Area is at your fingertips. You can’t help but fall in love with the warmth, style, and charm of this beautiful home: the Bay Area’s very best, just especially for you.
Highlights at a Glance:
• Gorgeous 1,086 square foot 2BD/1BA home near the end of an enchanting cul-de-sac in the coveted heart of Rockridge, adjacent to Saint Albert’s Seminary
• The rear unit of a beautifully maintained and remodeled 1941 condo-converted duplex just off College Avenue near BART
• Ingenious and organically flowing floor plan with open common areas
• Enclosed rear garden and deck surrounded by bamboo, camellias, ferns, and vines
• Bright, airy, and modern living area with a huge and perfectly positioned skylight, original hardwood floors, classic multi-pane windows, and sleek yet stately gas fireplace
• Dining area opens directly onto the secluded rear garden and deck
• Gorgeous owner’s bedroom and bath with built-in bedroom storage and glass-walled shower
• Multi-purpose bonus room, perfect for your home office or guest quarters
• Extra-wide attached single-car garage with laundry
• Warm white walls give the entire home a pervading lightness
• Sleek and modern chef’s kitchen gazes peacefully out at the rear garden and has white cabinets, Viking appliances, gas range, natural stone counters, and warm gray subway-tiled backsplashes
• Near all of College Avenue’s wonderful amenities, including Ramen Shop, Oliveto, Wood Tavern, Zachary’s Pizza, Market Hall, and Trader Joe’s
• $230 monthly HOA dues
• Built in 1941
See more at: 5878-Birch