Sold $1,250,000 SOLD (List: 995K) - Single Family Home
A captivating urban oasis, 4686 Commonwealth is a serene mid-century 4-bedroom home on a resplendent 29,000-square-foot lot, set against a stunning backdrop of open space. Conveniently situated in Oakland’s beautiful Chabot Park neighborhood, with a heated in-ground swimming pool, private patio, large detached garage, flowers, and fruit trees, 4686 Commonwealth embodies all of the natural splendor, timeless style, and livability the Bay Area has to offer.
On the winding tree-lined approach to this expertly designed single-level home, the world’s cares calmly slip away. Shielded from its quiet street by pristine hedges and romantic sloping flower beds, this graceful residence blends effortlessly into its environment, its natural contours and angled flagstone steps in perfect harmony with its luxurious surroundings.
Entering the house from the wisteria-trimmed front porch, you immediately grasp the brilliance of the home’s design as you find yourself surrounded by greenery. The spacious living area, which includes a granite-countered chef’s kitchen and cathedral-ceilinged dining room, seamlessly connects to the patio, swim area, and lush landscaped hill behind the house. You feel perfectly in tune with the natural world.
This home deftly showcases the winning blend of practicality and aesthetics that forms the essence of mid-century residential design. The privacy of the cozy bedrooms comfortably tucked away behind the kitchen provides a perfect counterpoint to the public area’s expansive open floor plan. Folding glass doors grace the entrance to the large family room adjoining the dining area, preserving the area’s appealingly airy feeling while also creating a separate quiet space when needed. The home brims with practical touches, such as the conveniently situated laundry room and half bath, always thoughtfully balanced by the beauty of the surroundings and the calming energy of the house itself. 4686 Commonwealth is a bewitchingly charming retreat right in the heart of Oakland.
Highlights at a Glance:
• 4-bedroom, 3.5-bath mid-century single-level home
• A true modern-day oasis surrounded by pristine park land, nestled on a quiet street just a few minutes from the 580 freeway
• +/-3,000 square feet of living space, with an additional +/-600 square feet of finished garage space
• Brilliantly situated on a beautifully landscaped 29,000-square-foot lot
• In-ground solar-heated gated swimming pool with diving board and pool shed
• Private back dining patio
• Open floor layout features living and kitchen area that effortlessly connects to the tranquil back patio and swim area
• Private owner’s suite with spacious walk-in closet and beautiful bathroom with oval tub and separate glass-enclosed shower
• Charming chef’s kitchen with 5-burner gas stove, built-in food warmer, center island with butcher-block counter, granite countertops, bar counter, and separate pantry
• Conveniently located laundry room with built-in racks and cabinets
• Hardwood floors in living area, carpeting in bedrooms, and tiled floors in kitchen and family room
• Living-room wood-burning fireplace with cabinet stereo mount
• Wired for ethernet and cable throughout
• Built-in surround sound in living and dining area
• Dual-zone radiant heat in family room and central heating in the rest of the house
• Dual-paned windows
• Bedroom and hall closets throughout
• Skylights in dining area, family room, and family room bathroom
• Separate 2-car garage with drop-down ladder providing additional overhead storage access
• Additional attic storage
• 7 off-street parking spaces
• Luxurious yards, manicured garden areas, hedges, and raised beds, with irrigation drip systems throughout
• Flowers, herbs, and fruit trees, including apple, plum, pear, and lemon
• Separate free-standing garden shed
• Security alarm system
• Built in 1952
Close to the 580 freeway yet surrounded by parks, trails, and its own lush landscaping, 4686 Commonwealth is an irresistible urban retreat. We warmly invite you to come experience this lovely home.
See more at: 4686-commonwealth