Spoken For $749,000 List Price - Single Family Home
Beautifully situated along a quiet and verdant stretch of High Street in Oakland, #3756 is a lovely 2+BD/2BA single-level mid-century home featuring a spacious owner’s suite with office/nursery and rear garden access, large living room with fireplace and L-shaped picture windows, and enclosed rear garden with multi-purpose covered open-air bonus structure. This wonderful residence, subtly accented with art deco design flourishes and embodying all the classic understated elegance of early 1940’s residential design, is sure to steal your heart.
Approaching the home, you will immediately be charmed by the playfully elegant detailing gracing the home’s facade. Curving art deco-style steps, railings, and a matching awning lend a distinctly 1930’s feel, while original garage-level decorative window gratings add a subtle flair. The home’s thoughtful L-shaped layout is also visible from outside, as the enormous living room beckons to your left as you enter.
Once inside, you will find yourself in a series of comfortable rooms thoughtfully arranged to maximize the feeling of space; this home offers several distinct areas within its 1439 square feet and rear garden, giving you a host of options for indoor and outdoor enjoyment. The vast living room, anchored by a stately fireplace and made to feel all the more grand by its soaring ceilings, is the perfect place for enjoying time with friends and loved ones, while the light-filled updated kitchen and bright and cheerful dining room are the ideal spaces to start the day. The owner’s suite offers a walk-in closet, updated bath with skylight, and exciting extra feature: a bonus room, perfect for a nursery or your own private office, overlooking the rear garden. With sliding glass doors to the covered back porch, this lovely space is flooded with natural light.
Behind the house, your garden is tailor-made for cultivating your own herbs and vegetables, outdoor cooking, afternoon relaxation, and entertaining. In addition to a Eureka lemon tree and other plantings, the garden features a large covered structure, wired for electricity and open to the air on three sides. Perfect for using as a workshop or your own outdoor cocktail lounge, this versatile structure gives you countless tantalizing possibilities for outdoor enjoyment.
3756 High Street is the ideal home from which to explore greater Oakland and the entire Bay Area. Close to I-580 and other freeways in addition to Oakland’s Laurel and Upper Dimond shops and amenities, this wonderful home could not be more conveniently situated – or more charming. We warmly invite you to come explore this delightful home.
Highlights at a Glance:
• Lovely 2+BD/2BA 1439 square foot single-level mid-century home along a quiet stretch of High Street
• Conveniently located near I-580 and Oakland’s Laurel and Upper Dimond shops and amenities
• Enclosed rear garden features a large covered open-air structure, wired for electricity and perfect for use as a workshop or your own outdoor cocktail lounge
• Spacious owner’s suite with walk-in closet, updated bath with skylight, office/nursery, and garden access
• Large living room with fireplace, high ceilings, and L-shaped picture windows
• Playfully elegant exterior detailing, including curving art deco-style steps, railings, and awning and original garage-level decorative window gratings
• Convenient laundry just off kitchen
• Beautiful original oak and random-plank hardwood floors
• Central heating
• Seismically upgraded
• Ample storage throughout
• Attached single-car garage and storage
• 2-car tandem driveway and ample street parking
• Built in 1940
See more at: 3756-High