Sold $1,605,000 SOLD (List: 1.395M) - Single Family Home
Nestled among fruit trees and roses in Alameda’s sought-after Fernside neighborhood, 3245 Bayo Vista is a gorgeous Craftsman home brimming with modern convenience and vintage charm. Built in 1915, this beautiful 2,800 square-foot residence has been lovingly restored and expanded by its current owners to include a second story that seamlessly integrates with the original ground level. Boasting 5 bedrooms, 3 full baths, a bright and airy kitchen, and a private backyard with detached garage and playhouse, 3245 Bayo Vista truly has it all.
Everywhere you look, your eyes alight on thoughtful details that effortlessly combine liveability with a flawless vintage aesthetic. This home is a veritable cornucopia of early-twentieth-century residential architecture, with white oak floors, antique fixtures, built-in cupboards, glass-paned pocket doors, original picture windows, a wood-burning fireplace, and more. On the upper level, the spacious bathrooms include an original 1920’s tub that seems at once classic and strikingly modern, just one of many such subtle touches you will find throughout the house. The railings, picture moldings, and wall sconces upstairs match their downstairs counterparts. Everything is in perfect sync, exemplifying the genuine warmth, taste, and personality that make this house special.
Outdoors, the front porch has romantic built-in benches, perfect for enjoying the sunset or sipping an evening cocktail. Roses, lavender, camellias, and fruit trees surround the house. A detached garage and 1920’s-era covered terrace grace the rear, and an adorable child’s playhouse sits adjacent. A custom arbor leads to the driveway.
True to character, 3245 Bayo Vista’s location combines the convenience and easy freeway access of Alameda’s east end with the nostalgic small-town feel of a quiet tree-lined street. This inviting home is an ideal place from which to explore Alameda and beyond.
Highlights at a Glance:
• 5-bedroom, 3-bath classic craftsman house on a tranquil tree-lined street
• Conveniently located in the Fernside neighborhood of Alameda near the 880 freeway
• +/-2,800 square-foot house on a beautifully landscaped 4,800 square-foot lot
• Recently expanded split-level home retaining all of its original early-twentieth-century charm
• Beautifully preserved built-in original gumwood china cupboards, glass-paned pocket doors, functioning wood-burning fireplace, light fixtures, and other vintage features
• Original architectural detailing and white oak hardwood floors throughout
• Additional sun porch on upper level
• Private master suite with walk-in closet and spacious retro-style bathroom
• Bright and airy eat-in kitchen featuring energy-star appliances, marble countertops, vintage-style porcelain enamel sink, 5-burner gas stove, and checkerboard flooring
• Convenient laundry and pantry-storage basement room just off kitchen
• Updated plumbing and 200-amp wiring
• Dual-zone central heating
• Dual-paned windows on upper level
• Full seismic upgrade
• Bedroom and hall closets throughout
• Outdoor separate garage, ideal for storage or to use as a workshop
• 2-car driveway and ample street parking
• Enclosed private backyard featuring fruit trees, camellias, and roses
• Built-in benches on front porch and private 1920’s covered terrace in the back
• Adorable child’s playhouse in the backyard
• Built in 1915
3245 Bayo Vista embodies a perfect marriage of vintage charm and modern liveability. With its many tasteful and thoughtful touches, up-to-date appliances and structural upgrades, and easy access to the rest of the Bay Area, it is not to be missed. We warmly invite you to come explore this delightful home.
See more at: 3245-bayo-vista