Sold $1,085,000 SOLD (List: 899K) - Single Family Home
With sweeping bay views framed by a 60+ year-old redwood grove planted by its current owners, 2633 Chelsea is a gated, serene hilltop hideaway with an attached studio, au pair or in-law apartment. This 3+ bedroom, 2.5 bath home has the feeling of a secluded retreat on a double lot in the coveted Piedmont Pines neighborhood.
A series of interconnecting terrace gardens, patios, and a rare level-out backyard interlock with enclosed living spaces to create a dynamic marriage of indoor and outdoor living spaces, while enjoying peaceful comfort of being framed in the redwoods, included adjacent land provides additional privacy. This home is just minutes to Downtown Oakland and convenient commuter accesses to the entire bay.
Highlights of Glance:
• 3+ bedroom, 2.5 bath home framed by redwoods with a panoramic view form Marin county to South San Francisco
• 1,780 square foot home on an +/- 8,200 square foot lot
• Additional +/-12,300 square foot adjacent land with off street parking and +/- 90 feet of frontage adds to privacy (included in sale – separate parcel)
• Covered deck off the upper floor living room with picturesque Golden Gate Bridge view
• Attached studio with separate entrance and sweeping bay views
• Level-out bricked backyard, side yard and brick patio
• Gated for privacy and security
• Detached garage, driveway parking and off street parking
• Sunroom (possible home office) connects laundry room to the rest of the main level
• Wood burning fireplace in living room
• Located in one of Oakland’s most beautiful neighborhoods near Shepard Canyon Park, Redwood Regional and Montclair Village
Enter the gated property and follow the terraced steps at 2633 Chelsea down to a landscaped entry featuring a stately front door. This lovely threshold opens into a living room with wood burning fireplace and stunning view through its large picture window. On the covered deck off the living room you can relax and enjoy the sun setting over the Golden Gate Bridge.
Beside the living room lies a partial bath, and on this same level, you’ll find a stylish kitchen with pass-through to the dining area. A light-filled sunroom (an ideal home office), connects the kitchen to the spacious laundry room which includes a convenient washing sink and beautiful stone countertops.
Down the stairs you’ll find three bedrooms and a gorgeously renovated full bath featuring designer tile and a niched inset in the shower over tub. Two of the bedrooms contain multiple closets each with ample storage space, and the master features hand-crafted built-ins and a sizeable walk-in closet.
A detached studio apartment is set atop the home with private entrance, full bath and kitchenette. This could easily be used as an in-law, office space, or art studio.
This quiet and secluded sanctuary is near the lovely shopping and dining district of Montclair Village as well as some of Oakland’s most picturesque hiking trails and parks like Redwood Regional and Sibley Preserve.
We invite you to experience this peaceful forest retreat for yourself.
See more at: 2633-chelsea