Sold $1,880,000 SOLD (List: 1.499M) - Single Family Home
A storybook gem in the heart of Alameda’s Bronze Coast, 2067 San Jose is an immaculate 3,692 square foot 5+BD/3.5BA 1890’s Joseph Leonard Victorian masterpiece, sparkling with period detail and featuring a cavernous owner’s suite, rare two-car garage with workshop and additional bike storage area, modern chef’s kitchen, and expansive garden-level 1+BD/1BA guest apartment with kitchenette and private garden entrance. This glorious move-in-ready home, brimming with elegance and exquisite detailing, deftly marries the extraordinary craftsmanship and aesthetic refinement of its era with all the joys of modern convenience.
This home’s level of workmanship is immediately apparent in its eye-catchingly intricate and beautifully painted facade, which is but a harbinger of what you will discover inside. The home’s public spaces brim with grace and charm; with 11-foot ceilings, pristine ornamental wainscoting, decorative staircase uprights and newel posts, vintage wall sconces and fixtures, picturesque bay windows, and impeccably preserved oak floors, the home’s common spaces shine with peerless style and sophistication. The huge living room, anchored by bay windows and a wood-burning fireplace and flooded with natural light, is the ideal setting for holidays and celebrations, while the flawless formal dining room and modern kitchen and breakfast nook make everyday meals a breeze. The rear deck, easily accessed from the kitchen, completes the welcoming picture, allowing you to enjoy outdoor meals year-round.
In addition to its supremely stylish main level, this home boasts both an upper bedroom floor and a fully developed garden level. The upper floor houses four bedrooms, including the phenomenal owner’s suite, whose inspired floor plan perfectly captures the home’s design genius: A large alcove, framed by windows, houses your bed, while your ample sitting and dressing area stretches the width of the room. A luxurious bath, walk-in closet, and wood-burning fireplace complete this sumptuous picture.
On the basement level, the dazzling guest suite offers a host of tantalizing possibilities. This ingeniously developed space consists of a series of three large rooms suited to a variety of potential uses, including bedroom, office, family room, au pair suite, or mother-in-law unit. A full bath and ample closets add versatility to the space, as does its convenient kitchenette.
This home offers a wealth of thoughtful modern features in addition to its period details. A detached two-car garage, garden shed, and workshop, unusual for a Victorian in this neighborhood, add numerous storage and work options. The updated chef’s kitchen features granite countertops and tiled backsplashes, plus a center island with five-burner countertop gas range. The home and garage also each boast spacious attics, perfect for storage.
2067 San Jose is an elegant and lovingly maintained Queen Anne Victorian in one of Alameda’s most coveted neighborhoods. Offering countless charms, pristine classic elegance, and a host of modern touches, this lovely turnkey home is ready to be yours.
Highlights at a Glance:
• Immaculate 5+BD/3.5BA 1890s Joseph Leonard Victorian masterpiece in the heart of Alameda’s Bronze Coast
• Includes separate 1+BD/1BA garden apartment (perfect for guests, au pair, or in-law)
• 3,692 square foot home sparkling with period detail and exquisite craftsmanship
• Eye-catchingly intricate and beautifully painted classic Victorian facade
• Public spaces feature 11-foot ceilings, pristine ornamental wainscoting, decorative staircase uprights and newel posts, vintage wall sconces and fixtures, picturesque bay windows, and impeccably preserved oak floors
• Huge living room is anchored by bay windows and a wood-burning fireplace with ornamental mantle and mirror
• Flawless formal dining room framed by subtle damask-style wallpaper and built-in shelving
• Updated chef’s kitchen and breakfast nook feature granite countertops and tiled backsplashes, center island with five-burner countertop gas range, and two ovens
• Rear deck and enclosed garden easily accessed from the kitchen
• Upper bedroom floor houses four bedrooms, including the phenomenal owner’s suite
• Owner’s suite features a large bed alcove framed by windows, ample sitting and dressing area, wood-burning fireplace, built-in media cabinet, luxurious bath, and walk-in closet
• Fully developed basement-level guest suite with garden entrance features three large rooms suited to a variety of potential uses, full bath, ample closets, and convenient kitchenette
• Detached two-car garage, garden shed, and workshop
• Ample storage throughout, including several walk-in closets
• Two spacious storage attics, one in the home and one over the garage
• Convenient laundry and half bath just off kitchen
• Updated plumbing and electrical
• Tri-zone central heating
• Dual-pane and decorative windows
• Seismically upgraded
• Built in 1895
See more at: 2067-San-Jose