Sold $895,000 List Price - Single Family Home
1534 Sherman is an extensively modernized 3+BD/2.5BA 1890’s Victorian near Alameda’s Franklin Elementary School, featuring a spacious owner’s suite, chef’s kitchen open to an expansive family room, and stylish baths — a classic yet completely updated interior. Offering an enclosed back yard and a myriad of thoughtful practical touches, this wonderful home is ready to be yours.
Entering the home through its cheerful facade, you will immediately find yourself in a bright and airy entryway with sparkling bamboo hardwood floors. On your left are the living room and dining room, beautiful open spaces that perfectly capture the style and tenor of the home. Elegantly understated, the updated interior subtly retains the essence of its Victorian origins.
This is a home that perfectly marries the classic with the modern. With crown and waist-level moldings, white uprights supporting the banister, and plantation blinds throughout, the home retains its late 19th-century character despite its many conveniences and upgrades. A sleek double-sided gas fireplace separates the living and dining rooms, and the living room shares a pony wall with the entry. The modern chef’s kitchen adjoins the family room in an open floor plan, complete with a convenient breakfast bar. The owner’s closet offers up-to-date customized built-in hanger, shoe, and dresser storage. The bathrooms all have vintage-style tile paired with modern fixtures and countertops. In each and every room, the functional meets the classic, to dazzling effect.
Downstairs, you will find, in addition to the dining and living rooms, the large kitchen and family room area, full bath with laundry, and 2 convenient bedrooms. The kitchen’s wraparound honed granite countertops, stainless appliances, and counter-to-ceiling storage make it the perfect place to cook for a crowd, while the breakfast bar and adjoining family room make this the ideal all-purpose homework or relaxation area. The enclosed rear garden and patio areas provide tantalizing grilling and gardening possibilities the whole year round.
Just upstairs through French doors, the beautiful owner’s suite offers, in addition to its bedroom, an irresistible vaulted-ceilinged sitting room with skylights and windows on three sides. The completely customized walk-in closet holds all your clothes, shoes, and accessories, while the owner’s bath features an enclosed high-ceilinged tiled shower and chic porcelain-enamel clawfoot tub with gleaming stainless fixtures and handheld shower. Just across the hall, you will find a quiet bonus room, perfect for a home office or nursery.
1534 Sherman is ideally located at the tip of Alameda’s coveted Gold Coast, with easy access to all of the wonderful parks, restaurants, beaches, and other amenities Alameda has to offer. The San Francisco Ferry and SF Transbay and Google buses provide numerous commuter options. Perfectly situated just minutes from Downtown Oakland and the rest of the Bay Area, this gorgeous home is ready to be yours.
Highlights at a Glance:
• Expansive 3+BD/2.5BA 1890’s Victorian near Alameda’s Franklin Elementary School
• 2,095 square-foot home on a 3,750 square-foot lot with enclosed back garden
• Perfect marriage of classic and modern, with bamboo hardwood flooring, crown and waist-level moldings, and plantation blinds throughout
• Retains its late 19th-century character despite its many modern conveniences and upgrades
• Open living and dining rooms joined by a sleek double-sided gas fireplace
• Modern chef’s kitchen adjoins the family room in an open floor plan, complete with a convenient breakfast bar
• Chef’s kitchen offers wraparound honed granite countertops, stainless appliances, counter-to-ceiling storage, and breakfast bar
• Adjoining family room is the ideal all-purpose homework or relaxation area
• Updated bathrooms offer vintage-style tile paired with modern fixtures and countertops
• 2 ground-floor bedrooms with shared bath and laundry
• Beautiful owner’s suite features an irresistible vaulted-ceilinged sitting room with skylights and windows on all sides, completely customized walk-in closet, and updated bath with enclosed high-ceilinged tiled shower and chic porcelain-enamel clawfoot tub with sparkling stainless fixtures and handheld shower
• Additional quiet upper-level bonus room, perfect for a home office or nursery
• Enclosed rear garden and patio areas provide tantalizing grilling and gardening possibilities the whole year round
• Central air and heating
• Attached single-car garage
• Built in 1895
With its convenient location, proximity to Franklin Elementary School, host of upgrades, and timeless character, this Alameda gem is not to be missed. We warmly invite you to come explore 1534 Sherman Street.
See more at: 1534-Sherman