Sold $1,720,000 SOLD (List: 1.395M) - Single Family Home
An elegant and historic home, 1306 Bay Street is a rare offering on what is arguably the most coveted block in the heart of Alameda’s Gold Coast. Built in 1925, this 3BD/1.5BA home gracefully marries the architectural richness of its period with the comforts of modern living. Fine attention to detail and harmonious scale enrich every experience in this light-drenched home.
1306 Bay welcomes you with classic brick steps leading to a beautiful arched front door, a motif you see echoed throughout the living spaces. The living room is a grand parlor flooded with natural light and centered around a brick mantle fireplace, lending a warm and inviting glow to social gatherings. The adjacent formal dining room repeats the arch motif in its pass-thru and its rich built-in cabinets and shelves.
Beside the dining room is a lovely sunroom, an ideal media room or home office. A side door from the driveway makes a perfect path to bring groceries from the car to the kitchen. An unfinished full basement sits below the home and offers a laundry area and open workshop/storage space.
The updated kitchen retains its original character, yet offers wonderful modern fixtures and amenities. Here, you will find gorgeous quartz countertops and stainless appliances, including a gourmet Dacor range, Bosch dishwasher and KitchenAid refrigerator. The adjacent sunny breakfast nook has a petite built-in china cabinet with glass knobs and fine detailing, while a partial bath completes the main level.
Up a graceful staircase, you will find three bedrooms, each unique in its historic detailing and offering views of the surrounding gardens. The master bedroom features a fabulous walk-in closet with a window that illuminates the space. Another bedroom has an intimate dedicated outdoor balcony overlooking the backyard that is a wonderful place to soak up the sun and relax. The full bath on the bedroom level boasts original white honeycomb tiling and a tub separate from the shower.
Outside, the large backyard is a beautifully landscaped and well-defined open space bordered by mature trees and flowers and offering a mix of brick and concrete patio and paths, lawn, open yard, and garden beds. The long driveway leads to a garage toward the back of the property, and behind the garage is a covered outdoor workspace with shelves for storing tools and gardening supplies.
With rich period architectural details and modern amenities, 1306 Bay brings the magic of the history of the island of Alameda to the present day: a wonderful home from which to enjoy the Bay Street community and the splendors of Alameda’s premier historic neighborhood.
Highlights at a Glance:
• 3BD/1.5BA 1920’s house on coveted Bay Street in Alameda’s Gold Coast
• 2,336 square-foot house on a beautifully landscaped 7,500-square-foot lot
• Architecturally rich historic home, filled with light and brimming with elegant period detail
• Beautiful details and motifs throughout, including arched windows, built-in cabinets and shelves, hardwood floors, and a brick mantle fireplace
• Formal living room
• Formal dining room with adjoining sunroom
• Sunroom would make a perfect media room or home office
• Updated kitchen with quartz countertops and stainless appliances, including a gourmet Dacor range, Bosch dishwasher and Kitchen Aid refrigerator
• Adjacent sunny breakfast nook has a petite built-in china cabinet with glass knobs and fine detailing
• Three bedrooms, each unique in its historic detailing and offering views of the surrounding gardens
• Private balcony off one of the bedrooms overlooks the back garden
• Beautifully landscaped back garden bordered by mature trees and flowers and offering a mix of brick and concrete patio and paths, lawn, open yard, and garden beds
• Unfinished full basement offers a laundry area and open workshop/storage space
• Covered outdoor workspace with shelves for storing tools and gardening supplies
• Updated electrical
• Long tandem driveway, garage, and ample street parking
• Built in 1925
With its beautiful arched windows and light-filled spaces, 1306 Bay is a rich historic home full of rich character and detail. Surrounded by gardens and located on one of Alameda’s most coveted blocks, this sumptuous home is ready to be yours.
See more at: 1306-bay