Spoken For $995,000 List Price - Single Family Home
Perched on beautiful Grizzly Peak Boulevard with sweeping views of the Golden Gate Bridge and the Bay, #1269 is a superb single-level mid-century 3BD/2BA home featuring a gorgeously remodeled chef’s kitchen, wide-open common areas, and spacious and secluded rear patio. This wonderful home near Tilden Park, just minutes from North Berkeley and the Gourmet Ghetto, embodies all the very best of what the Berkeley Hills have to offer.
Framed by lush plantings, camellias, and greenery, this home instantly captivates you with its romance and charm. Once inside, you will find yourself in a warm and welcoming common area set against the extraordinarily dramatic backdrop of the Bay, Golden Gate Bridge, Berkeley, and winding shorelines that are such an unforgettable part of our local landscape.
The living room is at once gracious and comfortable, with classic original hardwood floors, a pristine vintage fireplace, and elegant detailing. At the front end, huge picture windows gaze out majestically over the Bay; at the other, a spacious dining area provides the perfect setting for leisurely dinners with family and friends.
Just beyond the dining area, the newly remodeled chefs’ kitchen sparkles with leather-finish granite counters, dark tile floors, recessed lighting, subway-tiled backsplashes, cherry cabinets, six-burner gas range, and stainless-steel sink, refrigerator, dishwasher, and microwave. The kitchen’s conveniently situated laundry closet cleverly conceals the washer/dryer. Just beyond the chefs’ area, the counter breakfast bar, built-in window seat, and breakfast nook with vaulted ceiling offer direct access to the charming rear patio, deftly creating a seamless indoor-outdoor flow.
Throughout this expertly designed home, you will find a host of thoughtful touches. In addition to the kitchen, both full baths have been recently updated. An automated attic fan connected to the thermostat cuts the heat in summer. The rear garden offers raised and terraced beds for growing your own fruits and vegetables. And the attached two-car garage and storage area offer both an extra refrigerator and a bonus washer/dryer, perfect for laundering your clothes and towels when you return from your next bike ride or camping trip. This home anticipates your every need.
1269 Grizzly Peak brims with character, thoughtfulness, and style. This lovingly cared-for home’s stunning views and light-filled common areas connect you intimately to your surroundings, while North Berkeley and the East Bay’s most beautiful parks are just moments away. We warmly invite you to come experience this delightful home.
Highlights at a Glance:
• Superb single-level mid-century 3BD/2BA 1,402 square foot home near Tilden Park, just minutes from North Berkeley and the Gourmet Ghetto
• Sweeping views of the Bay, Golden Gate Bridge, Berkeley, and shorelines
• Ample living and dining room area features original details and huge picture windows gazing out majestically over the Bay
• Newly remodeled chefs’ kitchen features leather-finish granite counters, dark tile floors, recessed lighting, subway-tiled backsplashes, cherry cabinets, six-burner gas range, convenient laundry closet, and stainless-steel sink, refrigerator, dishwasher, and microwave
• Counter breakfast bar, built-in window seat, and vaulted-ceilinged breakfast nook offer direct access to the charming rear patio, creating a seamless indoor-outdoor flow
• Rear garden has raised and terraced beds for growing your own fruits and vegetables
• Two stylishly updated full baths
• Automated attic fan connected to the thermostat cuts the heat in summer
• Attached two-car garage and storage area with bonus refrigerator and washer/dryer
• Ample storage throughout
• Updated plumbing
• Central heating
• Seismically upgraded
• Built in 1951
See more at: 1269-grizzly-peak