Sold $2,400,000 SOLD - Single Family Home
Custom-designed by Phil Perkins, 1238 Drury is an expansive Claremont Hills 5BD/4.5BA home that sparkles with a rare and sought-after combination of enclosed level-out yard and panoramic bay views. With multiple outdoor terraces and oversized picture windows showcasing views of the bay, Golden Gate and Bay and San Mateo Bridges, and Downtown Oakland’s glittering city lights from nearly every angle, this elegant home offers stunning visual delights at every turn.
This grand and luxurious home brims with elegant modern convenience and aesthetic detail. Beautiful arched display nooks, huge picture windows, cathedral ceilings, and open design unite this home’s inviting spaces. With an elevator connecting all levels, this is a home in which no detail has been spared.
The vast kitchen, family, and breakfast area combine spaciousness and light with the best materials and appliances to create a rare blend of comfort and soaring elegance. The kitchen is anchored by an enormous stone-topped central dining island, complete with vegetable sink, and features a massive amount of storage in its stunning custom floor-to-ceiling cherry cabinets. With built-in work area/desk space, cookbook shelves, 6-burner Viking gas range with griddle (dual/convection oven) and pot filler, Viking warming drawer, built-in side-by-side stainless-steel refrigerator, under-counter wine refrigerator, and microwave, the kitchen offers everything a passionate home chef could desire. The kitchen and family room are wired for whole-house surround sound and feel serenely anchored in their hillside setting. With ultra-high ceilings, a wide-open floor plan, a fireplace, and direct access to terrace views and the private yard and dining area, this inviting central space is the perfect place for entertaining.
In addition to the vast kitchen area, the lower level includes an en-suite bedroom or office with garden access, the laundry room, and a gorgeous formal dining room and adjoining formal living room with deck access. A huge gas fireplace anchors the living room, and the dining room is just a couple of steps up from the living room, adding interest to this expansive open space and subtly reminding you of the home’s picturesque surroundings. Soaring high ceilings and windows complete the picture, filling the rooms with natural light.
Upstairs, you will find four bedrooms, including the luxurious owner’s suite, which includes a fireplace, spacious bath, huge and expertly designed California Closets walk-in closet, soaking tub overlooking the bay, and private terrace. The attached two-car garage offers direct elevator and internal access to the lower levels.
Bathed in natural light and gloriously reveling in its sumptuous views and and spacious private level-out yard, 1238 Drury is not to be missed. This luxurious home is ready to be yours.
Highlights at a Glance:
• Gorgeously situated 5BD/4.5BA home in Berkeley’s Claremont Hills
• 4,054 square-foot house on a beautifully landscaped 22,815 square-foot lot
• Spacious enclosed level-out yard with multiple outdoor dining areas and natural gas line on deck for grill hook-up
• Oversized picture windows showcasing views of the bay, Golden Gate and Bay and San Mateo Bridges, and Downtown Oakland’s glittering city lights
• Palatial interior spaces united by stylish design details, including arched display nooks, huge picture windows, cathedral ceilings, and wide-open spaces
• Vast kitchen, family, and breakfast area combine spaciousness and light with the best materials and appliances in a wide-open floor plan
• Kitchen boasts an enormous granite-topped central dining island, stunning floor-to-ceiling cherry cabinets, desk area, cookbook shelves, 6-burner Viking gas range with griddle (dual/convection oven) and pot filler, Viking warming drawer, built-in side-by-side stainless-steel refrigerator, under-counter wine refrigerator, and microwave
• Kitchen and family room wired for whole-house surround sound
• Convenient laundry room on lower level with front-load washer/dryer and custom storage cabinets
• Gorgeous formal dining room and adjoining formal living room with gas fireplace, soaring high ceilings, huge picture windows, and deck access
• Lower-level en-suite bedroom or office with garden access and separate entry
• Four additional upstairs bedrooms, including the luxurious owner’s suite
• Owner’s suite includes a fireplace, spacious bath overlooking the bay, huge and expertly designed California Closets walk-in closet, and private terrace
• Internal elevator connects all three levels
• Entire house, including yard and decks, is equipped with Russ Sound Centralized sound and video system
• Attached two-car garage offers direct elevator and internal access to the lower levels, central vacuum connected
• Multiple fireplaces
• Bedroom and hall closets throughout
• Ample extra storage under house and garage and in garage and closet attics
• Dual-zone central heating
• Bonelli aluminum dual-pane windows
• Automated sprinkler system throughout
• Central intercom system with doorbell camera
• Whole-house Central Vac System by Nutone
• Additional off-street parking
• Built in 2007
1238 Drury is a spectacular home in a stellar location, near both parks and Berkeley’s urban areas. With its beautiful views, spacious private back garden, and luxuriously grand interior spaces, this home truly has it all. We warmly invite you to come experience this gorgeous home.
See more at: 1238-drury