Sold $1,830,000 SOLD (List: 1.495M) - Single Family Home
Perched on the edge of a verdant valley with jaw-dropping views of Mount Diablo and the surrounding hills, 116 Scenic is a lovingly maintained 3BD/2BA single-level mid-century home whose organic indoor-outdoor flow, open common spaces, expansive and varied outdoor areas, and close proximity to downtown Orinda and Orinda BART make it the perfect home for all ages. Located just through the Caldecott Tunnel and offering a rare and sought-after marriage of elegance, livability, and extraordinary scenery, this phenomenal property truly has it all.
Surrounded and set off from its quiet street by lush greenery, this property offers a rare and enchanting connection to the outdoors. Flooded with natural light, the family room opens directly onto the spacious rear lawn. Framed by trees and the stunning view over the valley’s vastness, this inviting exterior space brims with an expansive and irresistible sense of possibility. A wide and well-maintained wooden deck brings you to the edge of the valley’s ridge, while a massive paved area tucked around the corner to the side of the house offers endless options for entertaining and recreation — an ideal setting for pool and spa. And there is more: This home is on a huge ¾-acre lot, the lower part of which could easily be planted with grapes for your own private mini-vineyard. Wherever you turn, new delights and intoxicating landscapes await you.
This home’s seamless floor plan smartly enhances its inviting indoor-outdoor feel. Entering the home, you find yourself in a spacious series of common areas that open directly to the outside, immediately connecting you to nature. The bedroom wing to your right offers privacy and quiet, while the owner’s suite has its own sliding glass doors to the outside. A well-situated attached 2-car garage with internal access means you never have to carry groceries far, and the large outdoor recreation area next to the house has its own gate to the street, making it perfect for parties.
This property abounds with warmth and clever details. The deck is not only a dream place from which to watch the sunset; it also features a subtly placed Apple TV, allowing you to enjoy your very own private movie and sports nights once the sun goes down. The living room’s parquet floors quietly differentiate that room from the neighboring dining room and kitchen, while bay windows grace several of the rooms and expertly placed solar tubes illuminate the bedroom hallway and shared bath. The well-designed kitchen features Viking appliances, stylish granite counters, and a skylight, while the living room is anchored by a beautiful tiled gas fireplace. Everywhere you look, you will find livability and modern convenience perfectly paired with elegance and natural beauty.
116 Scenic is a gorgeous home offering a truly extraordinary lifestyle. Just minutes from all of the wonderful amenities and conveniences of downtown Orinda, with the rest of the Bay Area at your fingertips, this home is not to be missed. We warmly invite you come explore this beautiful home.
Highlights at a Glance:
• 3BD/2BA single-level mid-century home with jaw-dropping views of Mount Diablo and the surrounding hills
• Close to downtown Orinda and Orinda BART, just through the Caldecott Tunnel
• Near sought-after schools
• 2,146 square foot house on a stunning 33,600 square foot lot
• Due to wind patterns, temperatures here tend to be more moderate than in neighboring Lafayette
• Surrounded and set off from its quiet street by lush greenery
• Wide and well-maintained Kumuru/IPE wooden deck overlooks the valley
• Deck has subtly placed Apple TV, allowing you to enjoy outdoor movie and sports nights
• Deck and barbecue area have electrical outlets
• Massive paved area tucked around the corner to the side of the house has raised beds and its own gate to the street and offers endless options for entertaining and recreation; could potentially accommodate a pool
• Lower part of parcel could easily be planted with grapes for your own private mini-vineyard
• Seamless floor plan with a spacious series of common areas that open directly to the outside
• Bedroom wing offers privacy and quiet; owner’s suite opens directly to the outside • Thoughtful details throughout, including parquet floors, bay windows, a skylight, a fireplace, and solar tubes
• Cook’s kitchen features Viking appliances, stylish granite counters, and skylight
• Convenient laundry in attached 2-car garage with internal access
• New GAF Timberline Ultra HD Lifetime shingle roof including radiant barrier sheeting
• Nest climate control and reporting
• Upgraded 200 Amp Electrical system
• York energy-efficient air conditioner, furnace, and HEPA air filtration system
• Dual-pane windows
• Bedroom and hall closets throughout
• Built in 1964
116 Scenic is a lovingly cared-for home that offers a rare and sought-after combination of convenience and natural beauty. This wonderful property is ready to be yours.
See more at: 116-Scenic